How to remove shortcut virus from pen drive:
1. Go to Start and search for cmd. Right-click on cmd and click on “Run as administrator.
2. Navigate to you pen drive by typing drive letter, type E: and hit Enter. (Replace E: with the drive letter of your USB, pen drive.)
3. Type “del *. lnk “and hit Enter on your keyboard.
4. Now type “attrib -s -r -h *. * /s /d /l” and hit enter.
This page includes the complete solutions to remove shortcut virus from USB, SD card, pen drive, and even computer hard drive without losing data
Clear Shortcut Virus on Source PC
According to the former part, you’ve understood that most viruses spread from computer to storage devices. To fully get rid of the shortcut virus, we highly recommend you to follow guidelines here to get rid of the existing shortcut virus on your source PC first.
- 1. Stop using the USB drive, pen drive, SD card, memory card or hard drive on your PC
The reason is that when the device gets infected, continuous usage of the infected device will only spread the virus to more devices, causing more file loss.
Therefore, you should stop using infected devices and unplug all external storage devices.